Nite Burn is a fat burning supplement manufactured by BPI Sports. Its overall effectiveness rating is a 2.38 out of 3 meaning that this product is made from a mix of high and low quality ingredients, and may lead to some positive results.
This page contains a simple and detailed report describing the product's effectiveness in a number of areas including ingredient makeup, amount of research, claims, dosing, label transparency, and comparisons to other products. The detailed report includes a much more in-depth analysis on the product. To begin, scroll down to the table of contents.
- Simple Report
- Detailed Report
- Effectiveness Rating
- Amount of Research Rating
- Claim Ratings
- Ingredient Makeup
- Individual Ingredient Ratings
- Ingredient Dosing
- Nutrition Label and Ingredient Transparency
- Product Label
- Nite Burn vs the Competition
- The Bottom Line
A product's effectiveness rating illustrates how well a product works based on what the research says about its ingredient makeup. Researchers conduct studies on supplement ingredients to gauge effectiveness. The Supplement Database grades products based on how effective their individual ingredients are found to be in peer reviewed research articles.
The effectiveness rating of both supplement ingredients and supplement products are evaluated on a 3 point scale: 3.0 being the most effective, 1.0 being the least effective.
- extremely effective products: ratings equal to or greater than 2.5
- extremely effective products are made up of high quality ingredients and should lead to positive results
- moderately effective products: ratings equal to or greater than 1.5 and less than 2.5
- moderately effective products are made up of a mix of both high and low quality ingredients and may lead to some positive results
- ineffective products: ratings less than 1.5
- ineffective products are made up of low quality ingredients and will not lead to positive results
Nite Burn's Effectiveness Rating: 2.38 out of 3. This rating means this product is made from a mix of high and low quality ingredients, and may lead to some positive results.
Amount of Research Rating
The Amount of Research Rating is a measure of how much research has been conducted on a product's ingredient lineup.
Oftentimes, manufacturers rely on ingredients without adequate research backing. They may do this to compete with other products that are already using poorly researched ingredients, or, they are using a very small amount of research as a poor justification to use a certain ingredient. This strategy may create marketable products with popular ingredients, that are unfortunately, ineffective.
The amount of research contained in the database on a product's ingredients determines the Amount of Research Rating. Products with higher ratings are made up of more thoroughly researched ingredients than products with lower ratings. This rating is separate from a product's effectiveness rating (from above).
The higher the research rating, the more valid the effectiveness rating is. If there is only one study on a particular ingredient, we cannot be certain its conclusions are valid. The more studies included in the database on an ingredient, the more certain we are that those conclusions are valid. Ideally, you should look for supplement products with both high effectiveness and research ratings.
The Amount of Research Rating is derived from how many studies are included in the database on a product's ingredients.
- research rating equal to or greater than 80: the product's ingredients are thoroughly researched
- research rating greater than or equal to 60 and less than 80: the product's ingredients are moderately researched
- research rating less than 60: the product is using ingredients that do not have sufficient research backing; avoid these products
Nite Burn's Amount of Research Rating is 15.250. This rating means there is an insufficient amount of research on the product's ingredients to ensure its effectiveness rating is valid. You should avoid using this product.
The product’s effectiveness rating is an overall description of how well a product does or doesn't work. Individual studies research a supplement ingredient's effects on a certain claim. For example: does creatine monohydrate increase strength, or does beta alanine improve running performance?
The Supplement Database compiles the conclusions of these studies, and based on a product's ingredient makeup, calculates how well a product does on various claims. The claims below are organized based on how well Nite Burn is able to deliver.
- number of extremely effective claims: 8
- number of moderately effective claims: 5
- number of ineffective claims: 5
Nite Burn is extremely effective at:
- decrease body fat
- maintain muscle mass during weight loss
- lower triglyceride levels
- lower blood pressure
- improve cycling performance
- decrease levels of somatostatin (growth hormone inhibiting hormone)
- improve sleep quality
- increase total sleep time
Nite Burn is moderately effective at:
- increase weight loss
- increase levels of growth hormone
- improve cognitive ability
- improve running performance
- decrease fatigue
Nite Burn is ineffective at:
- improve insulin sensitivity
- increase bone density
- increase strength
- improve sports performance
- increase testosterone
A product's individual ingredients are also rated on a 3 point scale. These ratings come from conclusions made in research articles on an ingredient's effectiveness for a particular claim.
- extremely effective ingredients: ratings equal to or greater than 2.5
- effective ingredients lead to positive results
- moderately effective ingredients: ratings equal to or greater than 1.5 and less than 2.5
- moderately effective ingredients may lead to some positive results
- ineffective ingredients: ratings less than 1.5
- ineffective ingredients do not lead to positive results
- number of extremely effective ingredients: 2
- number of moderately effective ingredients: 2
- number of ineffective ingredients: 0
- number of unrated ingredients: 4
- unrated ingredients are not factored into a product's effectiveness rating
Individual Ingredient Ratings
The following table lists all ingredients found in this product as well as their effectiveness ratings and amounts (if listed). Click on an ingredient for more information.
|White Kidney Bean Extract Amount not listed.||2.7 out of 3|
|Green Coffee Bean Extract Amount not listed.||2.5 out of 3|
|L-Tryptophan Amount not listed.||2.2 out of 3|
|Melatonin Amount not listed.||2.1 out of 3|
|Effectiveness Rating for Nite Burn||2.38 out of 3|
The following ingredients are not included in the Supplement Database. These ingredients were not factored into the product’s effectiveness rating: Raspberry Ketone, Dandelion Extract, Saffron Extract, Lemon Balm Extract.
Dosing comparisons are unavailable for this product because ingredient amounts are not listed on the product label.
Nutrition Label and Ingredient Transparency
Nutrition label transparency refers to how many ingredients are listed with amounts on the product label. Many supplement manufacturers hide ingredient amounts under the guise of great sounding proprietary blends such as "Maximum Muscular Size Enhancer" or "Anabolic Cell Strength Matrix."
When manufacturers use proprietary blends, they can hide ingredient amounts making it difficult for consumers to know whether a product is effective.
The transparency score is displayed as a percentage of how many ingredients are listed with amounts. If a product lists all ingredient amounts, it's transparency score is 100%. Products that do not list any amounts have scores of 0%.
Nite Burn's transparency score is: 0%
- total ingredients: 8
- ingredients with amounts listed: 0
- ingredients without amounts listed: 8
- transparency score: 0%
The product label below was generated from the information contained in the database about its ingredients and amounts. Actual product labels may differ in appearance.
Nite Burn vs the Competition
Nite Burn ranks 1 out of 44 in the Fat Burning Supplements category and 6 out of 436 in the entire database. The table below lists the top five products within the same category. Click on a link for an in-depth comparison between the two.
|2||Nite Burn vs Eviscerate|
|3||Nite Burn vs Niagenix|
|4||Nite Burn vs Sculpt|
|5||Nite Burn vs Bare Burn|
Nite Burn vs Sister Products
Manufacturers often create multiple products within the same category. These products are sometimes very similar, but marketed to different consumers with varying prices. The following table allows you to compare Nite Burn against its sister products; products manufactured by BPI Sports within the fat burning supplements category.
|Nite Burn vs Niagenix|
The Bottom Line
This section provides a final visual representation of multiple product considerations. Numerous variables makes it difficult to either recommend or not recommend a product. Choosing supplement products which rate highly in all areas goes a long way in ensuring positive results.
The following graphs represent where the product falls in a specific area. Bar graphs filled all the way to the right indicate a high quality.
The effectiveness rating describes how well the product works based on its individual ingredient makeup. The ingredient rating describes how many of the product's ingredients are rated as either extremely or moderately effective. The claim rating describes how many of a product's claims are rated as either extremely or moderately effective. The amount of research rating describes how well researched the product's individual ingredients are. The nutrition label transparency describes the percentage of ingredients listed with amounts on the nutrition label.