Prevagen Regular Strength is a memory enhancing supplement manufactured by Quincy-Bioscience. Its overall effectiveness rating is a 3.00 out of 3 meaning that this product is made of high quality ingredients and should lead to positive results.
This page contains a simple and detailed report describing the product's effectiveness in a number of areas including ingredient makeup, amount of research, claims, dosing, label transparency, and comparisons to other products. The detailed report includes a much more in-depth analysis on the product. To begin, scroll down to the table of contents.
- Simple Report
- Detailed Report
- Effectiveness Rating
- Amount of Research Rating
- Claim Ratings
- Ingredient Makeup
- Individual Ingredient Ratings
- Ingredient Dosing
- Nutrition Label and Ingredient Transparency
- Product Label
- Prevagen Regular Strength vs the Competition
- The Bottom Line
A product's effectiveness rating illustrates how well a product works based on what the research says about its ingredient makeup. Researchers conduct studies on supplement ingredients to gauge effectiveness. The Supplement Database grades products based on how effective their individual ingredients are found to be in peer reviewed research articles.
The effectiveness rating of both supplement ingredients and supplement products are evaluated on a 3 point scale: 3.0 being the most effective, 1.0 being the least effective.
- extremely effective products: ratings equal to or greater than 2.5
- extremely effective products are made up of high quality ingredients and should lead to positive results
- moderately effective products: ratings equal to or greater than 1.5 and less than 2.5
- moderately effective products are made up of a mix of both high and low quality ingredients and may lead to some positive results
- ineffective products: ratings less than 1.5
- ineffective products are made up of low quality ingredients and will not lead to positive results
Prevagen Regular Strength's Effectiveness Rating: 3.00 out of 3. This rating means this product is made of high quality ingredients and should lead to positive results.
Amount of Research Rating
The Amount of Research Rating is a measure of how much research has been conducted on a product's ingredient lineup.
Oftentimes, manufacturers rely on ingredients without adequate research backing. They may do this to compete with other products that are already using poorly researched ingredients, or, they are using a very small amount of research as a poor justification to use a certain ingredient. This strategy may create marketable products with popular ingredients, that are unfortunately, ineffective.
The amount of research contained in the database on a product's ingredients determines the Amount of Research Rating. Products with higher ratings are made up of more thoroughly researched ingredients than products with lower ratings. This rating is separate from a product's effectiveness rating (from above).
The higher the research rating, the more valid the effectiveness rating is. If there is only one study on a particular ingredient, we cannot be certain its conclusions are valid. The more studies included in the database on an ingredient, the more certain we are that those conclusions are valid. Ideally, you should look for supplement products with both high effectiveness and research ratings.
The Amount of Research Rating is derived from how many studies are included in the database on a product's ingredients.
- research rating equal to or greater than 80: the product's ingredients are thoroughly researched
- research rating greater than or equal to 60 and less than 80: the product's ingredients are moderately researched
- research rating less than 60: the product is using ingredients that do not have sufficient research backing; avoid these products
Prevagen Regular Strength's Amount of Research Rating is 40.000. This rating means there is an insufficient amount of research on the product's ingredients to ensure its effectiveness rating is valid. You should avoid using this product.
The product’s effectiveness rating is an overall description of how well a product does or doesn't work. Individual studies research a supplement ingredient's effects on a certain claim. For example: does creatine monohydrate increase strength, or does beta alanine improve running performance?
The Supplement Database compiles the conclusions of these studies, and based on a product's ingredient makeup, calculates how well a product does on various claims. The claims below are organized based on how well Prevagen Regular Strength is able to deliver.
- number of extremely effective claims: 2
- number of moderately effective claims: 0
- number of ineffective claims: 0
Prevagen Regular Strength is extremely effective at:
- improve cognitive ability
- improve memory
A product's individual ingredients are also rated on a 3 point scale. These ratings come from conclusions made in research articles on an ingredient's effectiveness for a particular claim.
- extremely effective ingredients: ratings equal to or greater than 2.5
- effective ingredients lead to positive results
- moderately effective ingredients: ratings equal to or greater than 1.5 and less than 2.5
- moderately effective ingredients may lead to some positive results
- ineffective ingredients: ratings less than 1.5
- ineffective ingredients do not lead to positive results
- number of extremely effective ingredients: 1
- number of moderately effective ingredients: 0
- number of ineffective ingredients: 0
- number of unrated ingredients: 0
- unrated ingredients are not factored into a product's effectiveness rating
Individual Ingredient Ratings
The following table lists all ingredients found in this product as well as their effectiveness ratings and amounts (if listed). Click on an ingredient for more information.
|Apoaequorin 10mg||3 out of 3|
|Effectiveness Rating for Prevagen Regular Strength||3.00 out of 3|
The following section compares ingredient dosing in Prevagen Regular Strength to:
- first table: average doses used in other products
- second table: doses used in studies
Prevagen Regular Strength Dosing Compared to Other Products
The first table is a comparison of ingredient doses found in Prevagen Regular Strength to the average, highest, and lowest doses of all products in the database which also contain the same ingredient.
The first column contains the ingredient and amount found in this product. The next column contains the average amount of that ingredient found in all other products. The last column contains the range (from lowest to highest) of the ingredient's amount across all products.
Note: Only ingredients listed with amounts on the product label are shown in this comparison.
A green up arrow is shown if a product's ingredient amount is higher than the average.
An orange down arrow is shown if a product's ingredient amount is lower than the average.
An equal sign is shown if a product's ingredient amount is equal to the average.
|Ingredient + Amount||Average||Range|
Prevagen Regular Strength Dosing Compared to Average Dosing
- ingredients dosed higher than average: 0
- ingredients dosed lower than average: 0
- ingredients dosed equal to average: 0
Prevagen Regular Strength Dosing Compared to Research
The second table is a comparison of ingredient doses found in Prevagen Regular Strength to amounts used in research articles. This comparison is arguably more important than the table above. When researchers publish peer reviewed articles, they use certain doses to test the effectiveness of ingredients.
Effective products should base their dosing on research. The comparison below only includes doses from studies which concluded the ingredient was either moderately or extremely effective. Amounts from studies which found an ingredient was ineffective, are not included.
For an ingredient to be shown in this table, it must meet two requirements: 1) it must be listed with an amount on Prevagen Regular Strength's product label, and, 2) it must contain dosing data in the database.
The first column contains the name of the ingredient as well as the amount found in this product. The second column contains the range of effective research doses for that ingredient.
An orange down arrow is shown if the product’s ingredient amount is lower than the effective research range.
An orange up arrow is shown if the product’s ingredient amount is higher than the effective research range.
A green check mark is shown if the product's ingredient amount falls within the effective research range.
Click on an ingredient for more data on its effective dose range.
|Ingredient + Amount||Range|
Prevagen Regular Strength Dosing Compared to Research Dosing
- ingredients dosed within effective research range: 1
- ingredients dosed higher than effective research range: 0
- ingredients dosed lower than effective research: 0
Nutrition Label and Ingredient Transparency
Nutrition label transparency refers to how many ingredients are listed with amounts on the product label. Many supplement manufacturers hide ingredient amounts under the guise of great sounding proprietary blends such as "Maximum Muscular Size Enhancer" or "Anabolic Cell Strength Matrix."
When manufacturers use proprietary blends, they can hide ingredient amounts making it difficult for consumers to know whether a product is effective.
The transparency score is displayed as a percentage of how many ingredients are listed with amounts. If a product lists all ingredient amounts, it's transparency score is 100%. Products that do not list any amounts have scores of 0%.
Prevagen Regular Strength's transparency score is: 100%
- total ingredients: 1
- ingredients with amounts listed: 1
- ingredients without amounts listed: 0
- transparency score: 100%
The product label below was generated from the information contained in the database about its ingredients and amounts. Actual product labels may differ in appearance.
The Bottom Line
This section provides a final visual representation of multiple product considerations. Numerous variables makes it difficult to either recommend or not recommend a product. Choosing supplement products which rate highly in all areas goes a long way in ensuring positive results.
The following graphs represent where the product falls in a specific area. Bar graphs filled all the way to the right indicate a high quality.
The effectiveness rating describes how well the product works based on its individual ingredient makeup. The ingredient rating describes how many of the product's ingredients are rated as either extremely or moderately effective. The claim rating describes how many of a product's claims are rated as either extremely or moderately effective. The amount of research rating describes how well researched the product's individual ingredients are. The nutrition label transparency describes the percentage of ingredients listed with amounts on the nutrition label.